Initial Australian pricing for the 2017 Tesla Model X SUV has been announced today, starting with the Model X 60D. That entry model will be joined by more powerful variants that will include the 75D, 90D, P90D and P90D with Ludicrous Mode.
The company has confirmed today that the Model X 60D will start at $111,900 (plus on-road costs).
Despite being an entry-level model (although not entry level on price), the 60D will promise over 350 kilometres of driving range, a top speed of 210km/h, all-wheel drive, and a 0-100km/h time of just 6.2 seconds.
Including on-road costs (luxury car tax, GST, stamp duty, compulsory third party insurance and registration), Tesla estimates the entry level Model X will be priced at:
- $130,087.20 in Victoria
- $125,966.20 in Queensland
- $127,113.05 in the Northern Territory
- $128,307.23 in Tasmania
- $129,255.20 in New South Wales
- $123,958.20 in the ACT
- $128,402.20 in South Australia
$131,650.84 in Western AustraliaThese high prices reflect the need for some local Australian government incentives to stimuate the electric vehicle market. Some things for the government to consider are to cut the luxury car tax on electric vehicles, provide tax rebates or incentives, allow alternative benefits including car pool or bus lane access amongst other things.
EVE Australia expect to see the following options available locally for customers:
- Seven seats (this includes the extra two seats, along with additional heating and cooling)
- Six seats (this includes the extra two seats, but removes the middle seat in the second row to allow for easier entry and egress)
- Autopilot convenience features (this includes Autopilot, summon, semi-automatic parking and radar cruise control)
- Premium interior package (includes HEPA air filtration unit, ventilated front seats, Alcantara headliner, soft LED interior lighting, dynamic LED headlights and fog lights)
- Smart air suspension (includes geocaching of suspension raise locations)
- Sub zero weather package (includes heated windscreen wipers, heated seats and heated steering wheel)
- Ultra high-fidelity sound system (includes 17 speaker sound system)
- Towing package (with 2300kg towing capacity)
- High amperage charging upgrade (increases charging capacity from 48A to 72A)