EV Charging Station Tester | Metrel | MI 3152 XC
This electric vehicle charging station testing equipment allows you to service and test EV Chargers deployed in public and commercial areas for electrical safety and compliance to AS3000 standards.
* Functional tests and AUTO SEQUENCE® are supported only on the MI 3152 XC and requires the 1532 Adapter
The Metrel MI3152 XC Multifunction Installation Tester can be used to check the installation, functionality and safety of the EV charging station and all other aspects of electrician installations. To this end, it can test EV RCDs and features EVSE AUTO SEQUENCES and functions enabling the user to check every aspect of EV charging stations state-by-state at the push of a button
In addition to this, the Metrel MI3152 XC Multifunction Installation Tester can check TN, TT and IT earthing systems and features four automatic test sequences for this purpose. Furthermore, it is equipped with a variety of measurement procedures and tests:
Insulation resistance with a DC test voltage ranging from 50V to 1000V
Continuity of PE conductors with 200mA DC test current with automatic polarity change
Continuity of PE conductors with 7mA test current without RCD tripping
Z Auto function: combined loop and line impedance
Loop impedance with Trip Lock RCD function
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) up to the 12th harmonic
General and selective RCD testing (types AC, A, F, B, B+, MI RCD, EV RCD, PRCD, PRCD-K, PRCD-S)
Earth resistance (supports 3-wire and 2-clamps method)
First fault leakage current (ISFL)
Insulation Monitoring Devices (IMDs) test
Soft Carrying Bag
– Connects directly to charge points without opening the box.
– Connects like an electric vehicle connection; so tests the whole system.
– Simulates the electric vehicle status: all at the turn of a switch.
– Simple connection to the charge point via a type 2 EV plug, and to the tester using the BS1363 socket or all three phases can be accessed using standard 4 mm connections.
– The A 1532 can be used with any installation tester, however, optimum performance is achieved with Metrel Multifunction Testers.
On-site testing of EVSE charging station installation.
Initial and periodic testing of private, semi-private and public EVSE charging stations.
- Measuring functions
- Live Transformer’s Impedance Measurement with Four Wire Test;
- Hi-precision Short Circuit Current evaluation with Calculated Hot factor;
- 3-wire test of PE (RPE function) without extension lead conductor;
- Autotest insulation function between L-N, N-PE and L-PE (R ISO ALL function);
- 4 wire continuity test;
- Insulation resistance with DC voltage from 50 V to 2500 V and PI, DAR calculation;
- Varistor test;
- Continuity of PE conductors with 200 mA DC test current with polarity change;
- Continuity of PE conductors with 7 mA test current without RCD tripping;
- 2-wire and 3-wire loop impedance (L-PE) measurement with Trip Lock RCD function;
- Touch voltage / Contact voltage measurement with external P/S probe.
- 2-wire and 3-wire line impedance (L-L, L-N) measurement;
- 1-phase / 3-phase TRMS voltage and frequency measurements;
- Line, loop and RCD measurements at frequency range 16 … 400 Hz;
- Phase sequence;
- Power and THD measurement (up to the 12th harmonic);
- RCD testing (general and selective, type AC, A, F, B, B+, MI RCD, EV RCD, PRCD, PRCD-K, PRCD-S);
- Earth resistance (3-wire and 2-clamps method);
- Specific earth resistance with Ro-adapter (option);
- TRMS leakage and load currents (option);
- First fault leakage current (ISFL);
- Testing of Insulation Monitoring Devices (IMDs);
- Machine mode support with time discharge;
- Illumination (option);
- High resolution Loop impendance (mΩ) (option);
- EVSE (Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment) support (option);
- Determining location of cables (option);
- QR and/or barcode scanner support (option).
- Key features
- Programmable AUTO SEQUENCEs. *
- Predefined profile dependent
- AUTO SEQUENCEs.
- Predefined Automatic tests:
- Auto TT (U, Zln, Zs, Uc);
- Auto TN/RCD (U, Zln, Zs, Rpe);
- Auto TN (U, Zln, Zlpe, Rpe);
- Auto IT (U, Zln, Isc, Isfl, IMD).
- High resolution colour touch screen, 4.3” TFT
- Functional inspections.
- Visual inspections.
- Custom inspections (visual and functional) which may be incorporated into AUTO SEQUENCEs.
- EVSE AUTO SEQUENCEs and function inspections.
- Machine functional and visual inspections.
- Built-in help screens for referencing on site.
- Built-in fuse tables for automatic evaluation of the line / loop impedance result.
- Monitoring of all 3 voltages in real-time.
- Automatic polarity reversal on continuity test.
- Automated RCD testing procedure (RCD AUTO).
- Automated Impedance testing procedure (Z AUTO).
- Measurement filtering according to the selected area group.
- Built-in charger and rechargeable batteries as standard accessory.
- BT communication with PC, Android tablets and smart phones via built-in BT.