Type 2 EV Cable 32A 22kW- Cable between the electric car and charging station for E-Mobility
- Robust construction and silver plated contacts assure a reliable connection.
- 3-Phase, 32Amp
- IP54 weatherproof with ergonomic handles makes the EV Charging leads easily stored
- Type 2 plug at the vehicle, Type 2 at the charging station
- The Mennekes cable is suitable for Type 2 vehicle inlets and connects charging stations with Type 2 Infrastructure Socket Outlets
- 2 Year replacement warranty
- Built to last for over 10,000 mating cycles
- 5m length
- TUV certified cable and connectors meeting Australian and European standards
- Compatible with all-electric vehicles and models including: Audi, BMW, BYD, EQC, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, KIA, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan 2018+, Polestar, Renault, Rivian, TESLA, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo
Compatible Networks: The EV Cable is compatible with all universal EV charging brands and networks including:
- Queensland Electric Super Highway
- RAC Electric Highway
- City of Adelaide Charging
- Chargefox Network
- Jaguar Land Rover Dealer
- Mirvac Shopping Centre
- 151 Property Shopping Centre
- North Sydney Charging
- EO Charging Network
- Northern Beaches
- Lane Cove
- Charge Star Network
- EVERTY Network
What is the Difference between a Single & Three Phase Type 2 EV Cables
It’s essentially speed. A single phase EV cable can only use 1 electricity phase to input power into your vehicle. This means a maximum of up to 45km of range per hour. As the name suggests a 3-phase Type 2 EV cable can utilise 3 -phase of electricity to power an EV. However be mindful that final charging speeds will be determined by your cars maximum onboard charging capacity. The drawback of a 3-phase cable is the increased weight. Learn more here
Lightweight Type 2 Charging Cables?
By taking advantage of superior quality copper we can produce lightweight cables that are more practical for everyday use. Copper quality helps determine the electrical conductivity of a material. Furthermore our connector plugs have silver plated contacts to further enhance electrical transmission. This is why we have an industry leading warranty. Because it’s a better EV cable . Finally we utilise TPE Rubber that provides improves elasticity and durability. What makes a great cable? Great manufacturing with quality ingredients.
History of the Type 2 EV Cable
Type 2 connectors were originally designed in Germany in 2009 and have since become mandated in the European Union. They were designed to replace J1772 plugs and have since become the world’s leading form of Electric Vehicle connector. Current generation type 2 connectors can power your vehicle at 22kW per hour. Furthermore this standard has been recommend in Australia
CP: Control Pilot- Communications, used to relay data between the car and the station
PP: Proximity Pilot. That makes sure you’re plugged in all the way.
PE: Protective Earth- Full current 6mm Round wire for increased safety.
N- Neutral L1,2,3- 3 Phase AC power
All our products come with Free standard shipping via Australia Post. You can upgrade to express in the checkout section.